For Exciting Career opportunities click below. Working for B.C. Communications and Canada Wide Communications offers more than your typical job!
What we look for in a resume• Good cover letter. If it is missing, it means to us that this career doesn’t matter to you very much.
• Your written objective must match position you are applying for
• Spelling and grammatical perfection, good English
• Relevant experience to the position offered.
• Longevity. Recruiting, hiring and training staff is expensive; we want you stick around. If you had many jobs and only stayed with them a short time it is a red flag to us. It helps to explain why or offer a reason for leaving in the past such as it was a contract position, you chose to stay home to raise your family, or the company went out of business etc. Large unexplained gaps of time between positions also makes us uncomfortable.
• If you live too far away, we have found that people quit due to time spent in traffic. Our preference is that you live nearby
• Good formatting, easy to read, concise
• Show your understanding of the position
• Make sure your resume is tailored to B.C. Communications Inc.
• Limit your use of acronyms
• Attention to detail.
Good luck! 2017-10-14
We seek an energetic Account Manager to join our team of career minded individuals. This fast-paced position requires you to be highly organized and efficient.
Territory management (sales, service and rentals).
Customer database management
Sales of communication equipment, including organizing radio licensing, programming, engraving, documentation and shipping.
Attributes and Qualifications:
* You need to be technically minded. The items we sell rent and service are complicated systems.
* Secondary School (grade 12) Diploma and relevant work experience
* Sales experience and training
* Ability to communicate effectively in English, both written and verbally. We are a communications company so this is essential.
* Proficient with computers: web, email, Office etc. Excel should be your best friend.
* Ability to work with minimal or no supervision: self-motivated
* Reliable, dependable and a willing/able to learn (in a continuous improvement environment)
* A Keen attention to detail
* Cheerful people-person who is customer oriented.Base salary plus commissions, bonus, phone, car allowance/mileage, shared benefits plan. Compensation is based on your contributions towards company profit.
Jr. technician/Installer2017-10If you possess post secondary schooling in electronics and are:
* mechanically minded
* have a strong work ethic
* are thirsty for knowledge
* have a clean drivers abstract
* enjoy challenges and want to gain experiencePlease consider joining our team and send in your resume.Read the Sr. Technician job description below to understand what we would like you to work towards. Also see the resume tips below.
Sr. RF Outside Technician2017-10Our ideal candidate:
* Has an unquenchable thirst for knowledge
* Has a strong work ethic
* Is someone who works well under pressure with minimal direction.
* Is mechanically and electronically minded
* Fully documents their work and time
* Should have knowledge and experience in the 136-900MHz FM band with Motorola equipment.
* Experience with antennas, cabling and wiring, grounding, filters, signalling schemes, analogue and digital modulation, BDAs, computers and I.P.,
battery technology, racking, and advanced programming and complex installations.
We understand few candidates will have all this, so being a quick study is important in the absence of this experience.
* Will need security clearance, which will include extensive background check and bio-metrics.
Being a communications company, we require employees who communicate well both orally and electronically.
Your best days may include a helicopter ride to the top of a mountain on a warm clear day or a ride on the peak to peak at Whistler.
More challenging days will include early mornings trudging through snow in the cold.
It is important to understand both good days and tough days are all part of being an outside tech.
Our customers include terminals, hotels, airports, municipalities and public safety; most are primarily within the lower mainland.
We strive to maintain the highest compensation of any two-way radio shop in BC. We have a shared benefits plan, RRSP matching, flex days etc.
We have the latest test equipment and later model service vehicles.
We care about your safety, and understand that our employees are our most valuable asset.
If you want to be part of our team, please send your resume. Only career-minded individuals who take pride in doing things right and complete should apply.
Service ManagerSorry, position currently unavailable.
Sales and Service CoordinatorPOSITION FILLED 2016-12
We seek an energetic multi-tasker to join our team of career minded individuals. This fast-paced position requires you to be highly organized and efficient. Duties include:
Greet walk in customers, answer the phone
Database management, processing and printing orders for accounting
Process payments, ensure credit
Maintain tidy workplace, including the warehouse
Write up repairs, level one cost estimation
Track repairs to ensure they cycle through the system
Inventory management, organization
Order equipment, purchase order management
Receive and ship goods, some pickups and deliveries
Maintain our recycling program, including trade ins batteries and radios
Stage sales including radio programming, engraving, documentation and shipping
Process inside sales transactions
General building maintenance (lights, locks, supplies)
With the addition of you, we will have two people in this position with identical rolls. This team approach allows one to run errands or be on holidays with someone there to keep the department afloat. Even though you are new, both positions are to be considered equal.We have a shared cost company benefits plan and a RRSP matching plan, both of which kick in after their perspective waiting periods. We will provide a cell phone as well.Our hours of operation are 8-5PM, but our hours can be flexible to accommodate. We need coverage 8:30-4:30 in the department from this team.Attributes and Qualifications
Secondary School (grade 12) Diploma and relevant work experience
Ability to communicate effectively in English
Proficient with computers: web, email, Office etc.
Ability to work with minimal or no supervision
Reliable, dependable and a willing/able to learn (in a continuous improvement environment)
Detail & goal oriented individuals who are self-motivated
Cheerful people-person who is customer oriented.
Please see our other sections of our career section for more information
- Position filled. New resumes received will be kept on file if needed.Job Type -Permanent, 25-40 hours week
We currently employ a Sr. accounting manager who will be scaling back her hours over the next few years in preparation for retirement after 15 years with our company. We are looking for an Assistant Accountant with a long-term career focus, who lives reasonably close to the office, to learn all aspects of the department and eventually become a full time replacement as the Senior Accounting Manager. You need to be a team player who is a quick study that is a bit obsessed with respect to accuracy. We need to have someone who wants to understand how the different pieces fit together, why things are done a certain way, and how to improve them. You can start 3-4 days a week migrate to full 5 days a week in 2-4 years.
• Full cycle AP including invoice coding, entry and payment processing
• Company credit card reconciliations and associated entries
• GST/PST processing
• Inter-company reconciliations
• Full cycle accounts receivable
• Other projects as assigned
Payroll and online banking responsibilities will be added later
Skills & Qualifications:
The successful candidate will possess:
• Strong attention to detail
• An unquenchable thirst for knowledge, a positive attitude and enthusiastic nature
• Organizational skills, and the ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Be able to take ownership and follow through on tasks/projects
• Be process oriented with a desire to constantly improve the status quo; dynamic not static
• experience and/or enrolled in Accounting/Finance courses, or on the road to a designation
• A minimum of 1 year experience in an accounting position. Public accounting firm experience preferred.
Software used: ACCPAC, Excel, Office
B.C. Communications is typically on the higher side of competitive as per Robert Half or similar positions offered on-line such as Craigslist.
We also offer:
• Shared cost benefits package, cell phone
• Flexible hours
• Learning allowance
Please forward a resume, with cover letter (remember the detail oriented bit above). Cover letter should explain what you are looking for exactly, as a near perfect fit is essential for a long-term win-win placement.
We realize that good people are hard to find. If your expertise and experience matches our business philosophy and you feel have a lot to offer, please send us your resume regardless if we have an opening or not.