For Exciting Career opportunities click below. Working for B.C. Communications and Canada Wide Communications offers more than your typical job!
What we look for in a resume
A good cover letter. If it is missing, it means to us that this career doesn’t matter to you very much.
Your written objective must match the position you are applying for
Spelling and grammatical perfection, good English
Relevant experience to the position offered.
Longevity. Recruiting, hiring and training staff is expensive; we want you to stick around. If you had many jobs and only stayed with them a short time it is a red flag to us. It helps to explain why or offer a reason for leaving in the past such as it was a contract position, you chose to stay home to raise your family, or the company went out of business etc. Large unexplained gaps of time between positions also makes us uncomfortable.
If you live too far away, we have found that people quit due to time spent in traffic. Our preference is that you live nearby
Good formatting, easy to read, concise
Show your understanding of the position
Make sure your resume is tailored to B.C. Communications Inc.
Limit your use of acronyms
Careful attention to detail.
Good luck! 2018-11-1
INSIDE SALES 2019-2
We’re seeking an energetic person to join our team of career minded individuals. This fast-paced position requires you to be highly organized and efficient.
In addition to your resume, please ensure to provide us with a description of what you are looking for and why you feel you would be a good fit for this role.
• Inside sales of communication equipment and accessories.
• Manage existing accounts within our customer database and those secured by your role.
• Regular communication with existing customers and suppliers.
• Working with the sales team on future opportunities and managing existing accounts.
• Follow up on leads generated through marketing and website.
• Review and communicate upcoming RFPs/RFQs on Industry related websites.
• Programming, engraving, documentation of outgoing and incoming equipment.
• Order processing and some shipping/deliveries.
Attributes and qualifications:
• Ability to communicate effectively in English, both written and verbally. We are a communications company so this is essential.
• Sales experience and training, preferably business to business and industrial.
• You must be technically minded. We sell, rent, and service complex systems.
• Secondary School (grade 12) diploma and relevant work experience.
• Proficient with computers: Internet, Outlook, Microsoft Word & Excel.
• Ability to work with minimal or no supervision: self-motivated and resourceful
• Reliable, dependable and a willing/able to learn
• A keen attention to detail. There are a lot of moving parts here and they have to happen in order.
• A cheerful people-person who is customer oriented and solution focused.
• Competitive salary & bonus opportunity
• Comprehensive benefit package
• Company cell phone provided
• Employer matching RRSP contribution plan
Competitive salary & bonus opportunity
Comprehensive benefit package
Company cell phone provided
Employer matching RRSP contribution plan
We thank everyone who might apply; however we will only contact those who qualify. Please send a copy of your resume and cover letter via the contact us section of our website
2017-10 If you possess post-secondary schooling in electronics and are:
have a strong work ethic
are thirsty for knowledge
have a clean driver abstract
enjoy challenges and want to gain experience
Please consider joining our team and send in your resume. Read the Sr. Technician job description below to understand what we would like you to work towards. Also see the resume tips above.
Sr. RF Outside Technician
2018-10 Our ideal candidate:
Has an unquenchable thirst for knowledge
Has a strong work ethic
Is someone who works well under pressure with minimal direction.
Is mechanically and electronically minded
Fully documents their work and time
Should have knowledge and experience in the 136-900MHz FM band with Motorola equipment.
Experience with antennas, cabling and wiring, grounding, filters, signaling schemes, analogue and digital modulation, BDAs, computers and I.P., battery technology, racking, and advanced programming and complex installations.
We understand few candidates will have all this, so being a quick study is important in the absence of this experience.
You will need to obtain security clearance, which will include extensive background checks and biometrics.
Being a communications company, we require employees who communicate well both orally and electronically.
Your best days may include a helicopter ride to the top of a mountain on a warm clear day or a ride on the peak to peak at Whistler.
More challenging days will include early mornings trudging through snow in the cold.
It is important to understand both good days and tough days are all part of being an outside tech.
Our customers include terminals, hotels, airports, municipalities and public safety; most are primarily within the lower mainland.
We strive to maintain the highest compensation of any two-way radio shop in BC. We have a shared benefits plan, RRSP matching, flex days etc.
We have the latest test equipment and later model service vehicles.
We care about your safety, and understand that our employees are our most valuable asset.
If you want to be part of our team, please send your resume. Only career-minded individuals who take pride in doing things right and complete should apply.