WorkSafe BC issues and coordinates radio licenses used for radio crane control and grapple yarding in BC.
There are strict regulations and guidelines which must be adhered to. Please contact Worksafe directly for the regulation. Our understanding is that as a minimum:
- The crane radio must only be used EXACTLY where they are coordinated by WorkSafe BC.
- The radios must be locked in to only one channel. Users cannot have the ability to select different channels on their radios.
- The output power of the crane radio in the crane must be 1/4 Watt and with a radio model that is Industry Canada (I.C.) approved for use at that power.
- The output power of the ground radios must be less than 1 Watt, and also Industry Canada (I.C.) approved
- CTCSS/PL/DPL codes must be always active, except for a momentary type PL defeat button
The WorkSafe radio coordinators can be reached at604-776-5112.
We rent and sell compliant crane radios for this purpose. Let us take care of this for you, contact us today.