Affordable and reliable, the Iridium 9555® satellite phone offers global voice, text and data access and is durable enough to work in even the harshest environments. Whether for business or personal use, the Iridium 9555 satellite phone is lightweight, easy to use, and provides voice and data coverage everywhere on Earth – even where there’s no cell coverage. The Iridium 9555 is the most affordable model of Iridium phone available, and features an internally stowed antenna, integrated speaker phone and headset for hands-free use, along with enhanced SMS/email-over-SMS capabilities.
The Iridium 9555 communicates over the Iridium satellite network, the only network offering 100% coverage over Earth’s landmasses, waterways and airways with no coverage gaps.
- Supports Iridium voice and text/SMS messaging
- Two-way SMS and short email capable (Email-over-SMS)
- Durable: water-, shock- and dust-resistant
- Operating temperature range: -10°C to 55°C (14°F to 131°F)
- Field-replaceable rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery
- Battery life: Up to 4 hours talk time; 30-hours standby
- One (1) year manufacturer’s warranty
We also have convenient and hassle free rental options for Satellite Phones if it is only needed for a certain period of time. Rental options are available through our partner Canada Wide Communications. For more information about rental options Click Here.
Important 911 Emergency Calling Note:
Iridium 911 services will not work in Canada. Canadian customers need to obtain local emergency numbers before leaving cellular coverage.
Iridium Subscribers can call 911 from within the United States. The territory, as defined by the FCC is: the 50 United States, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands